Monday, December 30, 2013

Book VS E-Reader: Which is best?

I only recently purchased an e-reader. I got a crazy good deal on a Kobo Glo. For the longest time, I wouldn't even consider purchasing one. My main argument was that I really preferred reading an actual book. Which is better?

I like them both. It was nothing for me to be sitting somewhere and pull a book out of my purse. I always had a book with me if my purse was big enough to hold it. My e-reader is just the same size dimension wise (not thickness of a book of course)

The e-reader is great.. it's very portable and I can store more than one book on it at a time. I am one of those people who normally have anywhere from 1 - 4 books on the go. I blame my short attention span.

But there is just something about opening up a brand new book, cover not cracked.. or picking up an old classic and the smell of the book.. there's just something about it I love


So which do you prefer? Book... or E-reader?
I am not convinced one is really that much better than the other. I am still holding on to both.

2 comments:

  1. they say the e-reader takes away from your spacial memory, like when you are reading a book you know roughly how far in the book i you've gotten where as in an e-reader you're scrolling down or to the next page so you lose sense of where you are in it. i believe i am the type of reader who likes to know roughly how far i've made it and how much to go. i've also fallen in love with some of my characters and and to know i'd cross their paths again in some of the books ive read so i had to cheat by flipping a few chunks of pages ahead and just scanned for their name to know ok they come back or are mentioned again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do know what you mean about seeing how far you are through the book you are reading. On my Kobo when I put it to sleep it tells me how far I am through the book. Like currently I am reading Fatally Frosted and I am showing at 60% read. Not exactly the same thing I know, but I get excited when I see that at least :)
    My e-reader won't easily let me cheat and skim ahead.
    I do love holding a book in my hand and flipping through the pages.. I'm still torn.. but I read both ways.

    ReplyDelete