Sunday, October 2, 2016

Review: The Girls Next Door (Detective Eden Berrisford Crime Thriller Series Book 1) by Mel Sherratt


Preorder Your Copy Today! 
Scheduled Release Date: October 27, 2016

I absolutely loved this book. So much so, that I had to complete it in one day, I had to know what was going to happen, it just totally drew me in!

This is the first novel that I've read by Mel Sherratt, but it certainly will not be the last.  I enjoy reading Police Procedurals, but this one is different than ones I've read in the past. 

Detective Eden Berrisford is on the hunt for the suspects who have been attacking teenagers in the area.  All this, after sixteen year old Deanna Barker was murdered.  The story is already intense, but when Eden realizes her neice Jess has gone missing, then all bets are off. She's determined to find the kidnapper and bring Jess home safely...but time is running out.


The characters in the story are well developed and quite believable. It's easy to believe that the situations they find themselves in could happen in our world. I really enjoyed the interactions of Eden and her team, and can't wait to read more about them in the future. The story is quickly paced and doesn't get boring. On the contrary I didn't want to put it down.  I highly recommend this book! 

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for an ARC of this novel for an honest and unbiased review, also a huge thank you to THE Book Club on Facebook TBConFB for introducing me to some great authors! 


No comments:

Post a Comment