Sunday, October 2, 2016

Review: Muffins And Mourning Tea (Oxford Tearoom Mystery Series Book 5) by H.Y. Hanna


Now Available!

Muffins and Mourning Tea is the 5th book in the Oxford Tearoom Mysteries.  H.Y. Hanna once again brings us a truly wonderful cozy mystery. Each book in the series is better and better, for me anyway! I seriously can't get enough! 

When we pick up where we left off with Gemma, she's now moved into her own quaint little cottage, enjoying her freedom and privacy. But of course, Gemma's mom, being who she is, has decided that she needs some plants to liven up the place ... and so starts the hilarity! 

Unfortunately for Gemma, she's again dragged into a murder investigation when she inadvertently on the scene where an Oxford Student is killed during the early morning May Day Celebrations.  Her employee Dora's friend Miriam, asks her to look into it. After all, she's looked into all the previous murders recently hasn't she? So, along with The Old Biddies, Gemma sets out to solve the case, even though her boyfriend CID Devlin O'Connor insists she has to stop interfering in investigations.  


There are some absolutely incredible laugh out loud moments in this book, especially with The Old Biddies and the Krav Maga class they take part in! I think this is one of my favourite scenes in the series. We can't forget dear sweet Muesli, she's also got some antics up her kitty sleeves, and I hope to see more of her actions as a therapy cat. On the flip side, there is quite a bit of tension building up between Gemma and Devlin... and while it hasn't been completely resolved by the end of the book, I am hoping it is soon into the next one! 


Again, as with the other books in the series, there are lots of red herrings and just when I thought I knew whodunnit, there was another twist. This makes for a very enjoyable book, I love trying to figure out who the murderer is and was wrong yet again! 

I am very much looking forward to the next installment in the series, and am hoping in the next one there will be more interaction between Cassie and Seth.  There is a great potential story there and I can't wait to see how that all unfolds.  If you're looking for a great cozy series, look no further. The Oxford Tearoom Mystery Series fits the bill and I highly recommend it! 

I received an ARC for an unbiased and honest review.



No comments:

Post a Comment