Thursday, September 29, 2016

Review: The Devil's Work by Mark Edwards


Now Available:

For a while now, I've been hearing about Mark Edwards' books and how amazing they are, but I've never read one.. until now. And all I can say is wow, I've been missing out! Why have I waited so long to read any of his work? 

The Devil's Work was a great introduction for me to Edwards' novels, and although it was the first I've read, it definitely will NOT be the last! I was so absorbed in the story, 
I had to finish it in one day. 

A riveting psychological thriller with plenty of twists and Oh! My! Gosh! moments, I felt myself getting so involved in the story I started reading faster as I felt the tension Sophie was feeling. I'd realize how involved I was and would have to sit and take a breath. Fantastic! 

The book goes back and forth between the past and the present and normally I don't like this since many times it comes across as disjointed and bumpy. However, Edwards' has written it in a way that it is smooth and transitions well consistently throughout without interrupting the pace of the increasingly frantic and gripping tale.

I honestly can't praise this book enough! If you are looking for an 'oh-my-gosh-frantic-page-turning-nail-biting-mind-messing-with-I-just-can't-put-this-down!!' kind of book, this is it! Mark Edwards, you have a new fan! 

Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with an ARC of this book for an honest and unbiased review, to Mark Edwards for writing such a gripping story, and to the members of THE Book Club on Facebook (TBC; #TBConFB) for introducing me to some truly awesome writers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment