Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Review: Clever Deception by M.A. Comley and Linda Prather



Now Available!



Absolutely brilliant novella! Right from the get go, we are drawn into the world of the serial killer known as the Escape Artist who is abducting, torturing and murdering women.. ten of them so far this year! He enjoys contacting the families, many of them police officers, and letting them hear the screams of terror and pain he is inflicting upon them.  The main character, Sergeant Alexandra Fox,  is on the hunt for justice, and is determined to bring an end to the Escape Artist's spree.  But when she gets a warning to back off and doesn't, she couldn't even begin to imagine what he could possibly do to punish her...

From the moment I started reading this book I was hooked. The Escape Artist is evil, and sadistic.. and I think is really going to be a fantastic villain. He brings to mind another of Mel Comley's villains (The Unicorn).  I love the character of Alex Fox. She is immediately likable, as is her colleague Bob.  They work well together, she is impulsive and Bob (does his best) to really keep her grounded and thinking before acting.  I'm very... leery about the lead on the case, Inspector Jordan. There's just something that doesn't sit right with me. I know this was a novella but I wish it was longer! I am just dying to find out what happens next, which is just what you want in a book like this, bravo!

I've never read any of Linda Prather's books, but I have read quite a few of Mel Comley's and have never read one that I haven't loved!  I'm looking forward to book 1 in this series, as well as looking up some of Prather's novels.  If I could have rated this more than 5 stars I would have!

No comments:

Post a Comment