Sunday, September 11, 2016

Review: Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman


Now Available:
In Canada

I received an ARC of this book for an honest and unbiased review. Thank you NetGalley.

I think this is one of my favourite reads for this year, it's definitely in my Top 5! 

Britt-Marie is a quirky character.  She knows how she wants things, and that's just the way things have to be. She's a lady that firstly just seems to be quite passive-aggressive, suffering from OCD and very set in her ways.  But, she's much more than what is showing on the surface. Throughout the course of the novel, we see just why she's left her husband, what has made her the way that she is today, learn why she has no self esteem and why she is so obsessed with cleaning.  Suddenly she's not the annoying lady we first meet looking for a job at the employment office (that poor girl!) she is someone who finds herself, who becomes important to those around her, and is finally seen.  I don't want to give anything away with this review. It's such a wonderful story that I think you really need to read it for yourself.  If I could give it more than a 5 star rating, I certainly would! 

No comments:

Post a Comment