Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Another book down, 75 to go!

So, I just finished reading "Panic Button" by author Kylie Logan. If you like cozy mysteries, this definitely falls under that category.
The main character, Josie is a button expert with a successful button business. Josie is asked to look at some buttons on a 'charm string' for Angela, who later turns up dead in the alley behind Josie's shop.
I won't go into too many other details so that I don't spoil the book for anyone. The book and story line is quite interesting, and really the only thing that I didn't like was how the murderer was revealed at the end of the story. It sort of reminded me of the ending of an episode of Scooby Doo to be honest. Putting all that aside though, Josie is a likable character who loves buttons and certainly isn't afraid to jump in to aid in solving murders since her knowledge is always the key to the mystery.

The completion of reading this book puts me at 25 for the year and 75 away from my goal of 100 books for this year. Can I do it? Darn right I can! I will be away on vacation for about a week and plan on reading lots while travelling in the car to our destination (No don't worry I won't be driving haha)

I've currently got 4 other books on the go... let's see how many I can get done by the end of the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment