Saturday, January 10, 2015

One Book Down.... 74 To Go...

Today I finished reading what turned out to be a frustrating read, Shopaholic To The Stars by Sophie Kinsella. Okay, frustrating because the ending left me wanting more. (But that's what authors are supposed to do, right?) I do love the whole Shopaholic franchise, Becky is such a funny character whose whims always keep her poor family and best friend Suze on their toes. And she was even more in her glory in this book.  Something that Kinsella did differently in this book (don't worry I won't give anything away) is weaved a bit of a mystery into the story that does in fact intrigue and make you do a 'wait a minute, what?' near the end of the story. Is, found myself going back over in my mind the other stories in the series to see if there were any clues at all to this interesting turn... and I could find none hmmm...
Anyway, this left me wanting more after the story abruptly ended (to me) I sat here thinking 'Wait, noooooo I get there's closure for the story but no you can't end there, what happens, where do they go? Noooo!' I think I actually shouted NO outloud haha

So, book 1 for my 2015 challenge is done and I'm already on to  book two which is "Dire Threads" by Janet Bolin. This is another of my favourite genres the Cozy Mystery.

I have a few books lined up already to go for my next few as well, a few by Beth Harbison (author of the 'Shoe Addict' books) and one that a friend recommended to me called "The Crazy Game: How I Survived The Crease And Beyond by Clint Malarchuk' I've also requested from my library the latest Stephen King (this will be the first novel I've read that he wrote since his accident long ago) and The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald.

So, I've got a variety of books ready on my list, let's see how quickly I can progress through. 74 to go... and according to my goodreads counter, I am right on track!

I must go, my books are calling me...

No comments:

Post a Comment