Sunday, July 26, 2015

Review: Tear Drop by Joanne Clancy


Kindle Edition501 pages
Expected publication: August 27th 2015

I received an advanced readers copy from Netgalley in exchange for my impartial review of this book.

5 Stars! This book grabbed my attention from the very beginning.  Former detective Elizabeth Ireland was the lead detective in the case against serial killer Ross Campbell, AKA Tear Drop over 10 years ago, when he disappeared off the grid.  Fast forward to the present, when a letter which is delivered to high profile reporter Brendan Mahon, signifying that Campbell is back.  When the murders begin, Ireland assists with the case, but she knows the letter wasn't written by Campbell.  She can't say how she knows, she just does.  But can she convince the others that it isn't Campbell and find the real killer? She is right, isn't she, it couldn't possibly be Campbell...

The plot of this story is excellent, truly well thought out.  I was pulled into the story and really couldn't put it down.  There were twists and turns along the way that kept me guessing and I found myself really analyzing the story, looking for clues while I was trying to solve the mystery along with Ireland.  Full of suspense and surprises, this book will not disappoint.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who enjoys reading about murder, mysteries, suspense, and thrillers.
This is the first time I've read anything by this author but I can assure you this will not be the last!

1 comment: