Monday, August 8, 2016

Review: Rest Ye Murdered Gentlemen (A Year-Round Christmas Mystery Book 1) by Vicki Delany


Now Available: 

Rest Ye Murdered Gentlemen by Vicki Delany is the first book in A Year-Round Christmas Mystery Series.  First off, what a wonderful cover! I don't always speak about the covers of books when I am writing a review, but... I just had to mention it.  There's something about it that just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I love Christmas, and even though I'm reading this in August, it's put me in the Christmas spirit! 

Merry Wilkinson had lived her dream with a great job in the big city. But she's since moved back home to Rudolph, New York aka "Christmastown"  where she is the owner of Mrs. Claus's Treasures, a wonderful store filled with beautiful creations made by local artisans.  It's Christmastime all year round in Rudolph, and we find ourselves at the semi-annual Christmas parade (Because they have it every 6 months, can't forget about Christmas in July!) and the tractor that is supposed to pull Merry's float has been sabotaged! And she was a favourite to win the best float prize this year.   When she stumbles across a body in the park, her best friend, Vicky, is implicated in the murder and it's up to Merry to figure out who the real murderer is and if all these strange happenings around town are related or just a string of coincidences.... Can Merry discover the truth before the Grinch steals Christmas from Christmastown? 

What a great start to a series! The characters are likable, fun and quirky.  I was able to picture myself transported to Christmastown, wandering through Merry's shop with the beautiful glass ornaments, handmade train sets and beautiful jewelry.  They mystery was fun to try to solve, there is no shortage of suspects and I was left guessing right to the end.. and still got it wrong!  Filled with lots of laugh out loud moments, I didn't want to put this book down and would have finished it all in one day had I not started it so late in the day.

This is definitely going to be a series I will be following and I am very much looking forward to the next installment! 


No comments:

Post a Comment