Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Whirlwind Continues

So I seem to be on a huge reading kick, which really is wonderful since I am more than 20 books behind on my goal to read 100 books this year. Yesterday we went for a nice long drive and I brought along the latest book to capture my attention called "Button Holed"
I know the saying is "Don't judge a book by it's cover" but I actually do. I can usually tell by the title of the book along with the cover design if it's a book that I am going to enjoy or not. Don't get me wrong, I will still read the descriptions of the books and read the first page or so to see if it grabs me, but a clever title and an interesting cover design will get me every time. Especially with a cozy mystery. They are the cutest!
ANYWAY... the story is about Jo, an expert button collector and the murder that happens in her shop. The beginning pages captured me right away and I was hooked. As it turns out, I got an email from my library that I had a book requested and it was there waiting for me and it was one of the next books in the series. So on the drive (I was the passenger NOT the driver don't worry!) I finished "Button Holed" and even started the other book that I had with me.

I seriously need to update my goodreads page with reviews and such, and I will be creating a new shelf for 'what I've got on loan from the library' to keep track. I think I currently have 14 books out!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment