Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Have you ever?

Have you ever wanted to be a writer? As someone who loves to read... I've often wondered what it would be like to be an author, able to tell wonderful stories with quirky characters, solving mysteries and getting themselves out of trouble. I think it would be fun, the whole process with coming up with the plot, developing each character and weaving their fates together...  Someday maybe I will travel down that road, but for now I am lucky enough to be able to read some amazing stories by some very talented authors, and to be able to review their wonderful stories.

I was surprised and honoured the other day to find out that one of my reviews of a recent book that I've read by H.Y. Hanna called "A Scone To Die For" (Oxford Tearoom Mysteries, Book 1) was sent out in her newsletter along with excerpts of her book. I was reading her newsletter (of course I'd subscribed to it while I was reading her book, I wanted to make sure I didn't miss any of her new works!) when I came to the part where she had posted a couple of reviews of her book I thought "whoa wait, I wrote that!"   I'd reviewed her book on my blog as well as on the website Goodreads.  It's so exciting to know that the author of a book that you've really enjoyed has read what you've written about it, enough to share it with others!

I think that it's important that if you like a book that you are reading, that you write about it and let the author know how much you are enjoying it. I'm sure they will appreciate it!  Feedback is important to an author, to let them know the good and the bad.  Be tactful, and be kind with your feedback. It's okay to say you don't like something, it's all in how you say it. Just remember, authors are people too!  

And now it's time on this blustery snow day to get some more reading done... My TBR (to-be-read) pile is huge and I've got a mountain of pages to read, new stories to find with and characters to fall in love with.  What are you reading today?

No comments:

Post a Comment