Friday, January 1, 2016

Review: Kitty's Countryside Dream: A Feel Good Romantic Comedy About Life, Love and Family by Christie Barlow

I received an advanced copy of this novel from Netgalley for an honest and unbiased review. 
 I know they say "Don't judge a book by it's cover" (who are 'they' anyway?) but seriously, it sometimes plays a part when you are picking something to read. I was really drawn to the cover of this novel. It's the bright colours, the look of a bright and warm sunny day... it's just a beautiful cover! And the story that is contained between these covers does not disappoint! 
Poor Kitty has recently lost her mother, only to find that she had an inheritance from a grandmother who she thought had died a long time ago.  She was never talked about, and it was like she didn't exist at all. What a mystery! Kitty now finds herself the proud new owner of her grandmother's flat, along with her very own working chicken farm! Oh dear....
It comes at the perfect time in her life; here she thought she had nothing, and now she can move, and make her life into something worth while! 

As the story unfolds, Kitty moves into her new flat and begins to learn the ropes at her new farm with the help of her new employees.  There are many laughs, and Kitty builds wonderful relationships with her employees and people within the community.  It is a story of new beginnings, some adventures, and a feeling of knowing you belong somewhere. 
But then, Kitty makes a pretty big discovery, and it basically turns life upside down.  Things aren't as they seem, and the journey that she goes through learning the truth is very well written, full of emotion and honestly I felt like I was making these discoveries right along with her, her emotions were my emotions.  

I was really unable to put this book down. I read it within 24 hours because I was so drawn in and felt completely connected with the characters.  It was as if I knew them personally. I would completely recommend this book to everyone, definitely a huge 5 stars! 

I will be purchasing this book once it becomes published on February 26, 2016.  I want to add it to my library, I know that it will be one that I will enjoy reading over and over again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment