Friday, January 29, 2016

Review: Going Organic Can Kill You by Staci McLaughlin A Blossom Valley Mystery Book 1




Firstly I want to say that I actually read the series out of order. Not my normal way of things, I usually like to read the a series in order but I had received an ARC of the 5th book in the series. I enjoyed that book so much I knew I had to come back and start the series properly. 

I love the setting for this cozy mystery, a farm turned spa.  The main character, Dana, has moved back home to help out her recently widowed mother.  Dana's mother has arranged for her to begin working at the O'Connell Organic Farm and Spa, as their marketer.  Unfortunately, on opening weekend Dana finds the body of one of the guests, and begins to try to solve the mystery so she can save the spa from closing (and her job!) 

Dana is a great character, a woman who stands up for herself, an avid health food hater (who works at an organic an health food centered spa.. oh the irony...) and is very funny. I had quite a few laugh out loud moments.  The mystery I was able to figure out after a while, but the answer wasn't staring me in the face.   There are some great supporting characters (and a few well.. let's say if they met their end, I wouldn't cry) and lots of openings for future mysteries.  I can't wait to hit the next book in the series! 

No comments:

Post a Comment