Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Review: Killer Takeout by Lucy Burdette


Available Now:

First off, thank you to NetGalley. I received an ARC of this book for an honest and unbiased review. I am glad that I was approved for this book, I really enjoyed it!  I honestly just tore right through it, I'd started it before bed and woke up early to finish it first thing in the morning. 

When I had started reading it, I didn't realize that this was actually the 7th book in the Key West Food Critic Mystery Series. That being said, it didn't really matter that I read it out of order. The book did refer to a few things from past books, but nothing that made me feel like I was out of the loop or I missed something important that was necessary for the story that I was reading. 

Haley Snow is a foodie who writes a food critic column, along with a few other things, for a magazine called Key Zest on the island of Key West.  It's Fantasy Fest Week, and the island is just hopping with tourists joining in on all of the crazy activities... zombie bike ride, body painting, and pet parade just to name a few! Haley's friend, Danielle, is elected the Queen of Fantasy Fest and is soon involved in an altercation with one of the women who were also vying for the crown.  When she turns up dead, Haley starts asking questions.. she needs to help Danielle prove her innocence, all the while covering events her work, having her mother in town who is getting married, and dealing with the threat of a hurricane! 

The story was very well written, and I loved the characters. The descriptions made me feel like I was there at the events, and I wanted to be, it sounded like so much fun! (Except the whole body painting stuff, definitely not for me! haha)  The mystery wasn't easy to solve at all. I did end up figuring it out partially, but it was really far into the story and I still got part of it wrong! All in all, definitely a huge 2 thumbs up. If you enjoy a good cozy mystery, you need to add this to your 'to be read' list.  I need to go back to book one and catch up on all the stories I missed! 

This is the first book that I've read by this author, but it definitely will not be the last! 

No comments:

Post a Comment