Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Review: Reading Up A Storm by Eva Gates


Happy Publication Day! Available Now:

Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC of this book which I received in exchange for an impartial and honest review.  I enjoyed this book immensely even though I hadn't previously read the first two books in the series. I will be making sure that I do go back to the start at the beginning and catch up! 

Reading Up A Storm by Eva Gates is the third book in the Lighthouse Library Cozy Mystery Series. The setting for the book combines 2 of my favourite things, lighthouses and libraries... and the assistant librarian, Lucy, even gets to live above the library, how awesome would that be? It's like a dream come true! 

After a surprise party, Lucy goes upstairs to cuddle with her cat, Charlie, snuggle in and relax reading a book. Before that happens though, she looks out the window and sees a boat heading towards some odd looking lights on the shore.  Knowing this would not end well, she called 911 in an attempt to help and, luckily, with the help of the coast guard and some other volunteers, the 2 passengers survive (though the boat ends up badly damaged)  A few days later, one of the passengers ends up dead on the shore and suddenly, it's Lucy's friend, Stephanie, who is accused of the murder!  Can Lucy help her friend and track down the real killer? 

I loved the descriptions in this book... from the location, to the characters themselves, I was able to picture everything perfectly in my mind. I wish this library was a place I could visit, and that I could make friends with these people! There were lots of little twists and turns in the story which keep you guessing as to the identity of the murderer, so much so that I wasn't able to figure it out until just before it was revealed in the story. Well done! 

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves cozy mysteries, so what are you waiting for? Go grab a copy of this book and get reading!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment